Monday 30 May 2011

First project with recycled t-shirt yarn: a striped bag!

Do you remember when I recycled some t-shirts in yarn to knit (or crochet) with AuntFran?
She was impatient for experiment it that she made two samples the same day and started two days later a project: a striped bag for me.

I wanted something realized with the acid green thread, but it wasn't enough to make something wearable, so she mixed it with the blue and the white threads.
Thought I wasn't not 100% satisfied by the result, I accepted it (thank you, dear aunt!!!) and I decided to sew the lining and the handles with some blue cotton fabric.
The bag has also two inner pockets and a magnetic snap for more safety.

What do you think about it?
As I wrote above, I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think it will be perfect for summer. I'll wear it with blue-jeans and a sporty t-shirt.

My aunt really enjoyed knitting with this kind of thread, so yesterday we worked on one of her old summer dresses (really old!): now we have 3 balls of caramel and sand recycled yarn.
I'm really curious to see what AuntFran will make with them!
She is so skilled in knitting and crocheting!

I like this detail of the finished bag :)
It clearly shows how this kind of knitted tissue is strong and sturdy.
SOME NEWS ABOUT GIVEAWAYS AND VIDEO MAKING
- Today I received a great new: I won one of the Carina's giveaways!!! Wow, I'm so happy!!! I won a set of beautiful cards by Painted Fish Studio, probably these these with a bike.
- In these days I'm experimenting with video making (with my modest tools) as probably you've noticed yesterday. So I'm going to realize a video that will show the draw of the winner of my giveaway. I will post it next wednesday!

You have still some hours to sign in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...