Friday 5 December 2014

Advent signs

At mum's home in the North for some holiday days.
The sky is so grey and gloomy here (100% usual for this part of Italy in december) that I feel a bit like I have dark clouds in my brain. But my heart is singing, like under a happy sun.
I'm spending special days with mum, AuntFran, brother, big cousins and friends!
Also enjoying the advent atmosphere.
I can't believe december is here. Again. 2014 is going to the end. Really???

I'm having fun capturing advent signs here and there with my camera.
Not those showy Christmas decorations that are everywhere right now, but all the little things that make my frugal Christmas.
Let me show them with you.
 
A couple of cute tiny angels for my Christmas tree I bought yesterday at "L'artigiano in fiera" (a big fair in Milan):
 
 
They come from Lithuania and I can't wait to show them to S.
 
Other angels I photographed visiting the fair. They are made of crocheted cotton and wooden spheres for the heads.
 
 
A recycled paper nativity I bought for mum in a craft fair  last november (look where S. and I have been in a sunny november sunday!).
It's now part of her collection.
 
eco-friendly christmas
 
Mum loved it at first sight. I'm happy her collection is growing with my contribute, too!
 
Some advent craft: I'm making new synthetic felt ornaments. Not only embroidered stars! These are for cat lovers (like me).
 
 
Pam's ornament for mum is in its place: mum decided to hang it to her kitchen's door, so she can see it everyday!
 
 
I'm updating my Pinterest boards almost everyday, filling them with ideas for a rustic Christmas or for all people who like snowflakes (like me!) as winter symbol. They are full of other advent inpirations, take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...