Some little things that made me happy in January!
Because little things are the best in giving happiness and keeping memory of them is a great help if you want to live a happy life :)
January's simple happy moments:
- Giving a place to my new handmade friends... the bathroom is the best place for a fish, do you agree?
[Before you ask... the doily is handmade by mum; she can crochet, too]
- Wearing my new skirt at a little friend's birthday party
- Crazy sewing because it's almost Carnival and I'm an aunt :)
My 5-years-old niece needed help for her dresses (fairy and clown) and of course my sewing machine is always ready to work.
- New ideas knocking on my brain after a confusing time of silence: they involve embroidery, animals and linen. Not bad!
- Be inspired by the latest issue of &Stitches, a beautiful indie-publishing in .pdf about embroidery. Each issue collects projects and inspirations around a theme, and issue n.5 is about woodlands, so I couldn't resist and I bought it. Lovely!
- Drawing in bed on my moleskine with my usual brown pen, but also with a new one I purchased recently: it has green ink and I'm liking how green+black make a handsome mix on the white page (green+black+white... a great color combo not only for art making!). I'm drawing faux postage stamps, because creative obsessions are die-hard:
- Spending a lot of time in my computer removing useless files to make space for other things and finding a diary I wrote on a word file some years ago and totally forgotten.
I read it and jumped back to an important and busy period of my life, when I started to work and I was spending a lot of my free time as a scout-chief.
I had sweet memories reading it, but the diary surprized me a bit: in the period I had a job, money, love, friends, energy and a lot of other amazing things I haven't now (and often crave), but I wasn't so happy as I'm now.
- Making and ordering a blurb photo book that sums up my 2012 in dozens of photos! A big and time-consuming project! I can't wait to receive my 40 pages book!!!
- Finished to read "Les miserables" (it took long time!) and now I'm considering to watch the movie at the cinema.
- Made two bags for my friend Francesca and worked on new designs for future bags for my shop (I like to draw by myself the patterns for my bags)
- Sold three bags this month and decorated the envelopes with my foxy stamp, as usual: