Sunday 15 July 2012

Corners!

"Corners" is the new (so interesting!) theme for June-July challenge here on Etsy Italia Team Land!

I hesitated a bit before making something for this challenge, because geometry and straight lines usually haven't nothing in common with my shop.
But... I finally found a beautiful fabric by Laura Ashley in my stash (a Xmas gift from Cristina) and, well, it was simply perfect!
It has corners everywhere! Lucky me!

I made this fabric cover for Moleskine cahiers:


Isn't the fabric lovely?
Modern and colorful, without being impudent :P
And navy blue + green is one of my favourite combo!
I used it in the past for a bag I'm using a lot this summer, this one (pattern by Ithinksew, Nevena bag).

I added blue and red cotton fabrics for the inside:


You can see other lovely handmade creations around this theme in this blog post. And I hope you'll spend a few seconds to vote your favourite! (I gave my vote to Marzia's earrings.... shhht, it's a secret!!!)

While making this cover I used google to find informations about Laura Ashley; I hadn't no idea if it was the name of a real woman or only a brand (it is probably famous in other parts of the world, but not in Italy).
Well, I found a world full of amazing home decor ideas and DIY suggestions... look at the shop on line and the blog (expecially the Make&Do section
Candies for my eyes *___*
All is so feminine and fresh! Love love love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...