Sunday 15 January 2012

Xmas holidays projects: knitted neckwarmer (and vintage earrings)

During my last holidays at home AuntFran helped me in knitting and crocheting something for me (and she crocheted and knitted a lot of things for my/our shop... coming soon!).
The first project has been a neck warmer. I wanted to make something like this: I love the retro design and the feeling of warm it gives.
So I tried.
My aunt gave me a yarn ball she saved from old projects. It has a color I can't clearly define: it's a sort of light brown, or a dark mustard. Have you any idea about its real name?


The result isn't precise. There are a lot of indecisions in my stitches, the work is a bit irregular. This scarf is moaning: "MadameRenard, you are really a beginner"! Eh, eh :)
Well, I like it the same!


Oh, I hope you can see the earrings I'm wearing in these photos. They belonged to my beloved grandmother. We had a very special relation and when she died (november 1995) AuntFran (her daughter) gave my her wedding ring and invited me to choose one of her jewels for me. I was 18 years old and I picked up these simple heart shaped earrings. They are old, probably my grandmother purchased them 50-60 years ago.
Now my taste is different and I like other kinds of jewelry. But I often wear these earrings, because they remember my lovely granny!

But I'm digressing too much, let's come back to the neck warmer! I haven't follow any pattern (though it is a free pattern on Ravelry), because I have a lot of difficulties in reading knitting patterns and translating them from english to italian.
As usual, I've started to work and reached the shape I wanted. Ok, nearly!


If you are on Ravelry you can decide to become my friend: I'm here!

3 comments:

  1. You're sooo pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment. Your neckwarmer makes me wish I was better at knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This neck warmer is so nice in its vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...