Thursday 1 December 2011

Mocassins for Queen Marie Antoinette

Today is the first day of december!
Oh, god, the last month of the year! I can't believe 2011 is coming to the end.
Too much to do before 2012 start. And so little time!
But, ehy, I don't want to start december with a full-of-stress post. So I'm going to show you a new pair of slippers I made.
I called them "Marie Antoinette mocassins".


I used a sheet of upholstery fabric (strong but soft and a bit shiny), dark blue with a pattern of squares and flowers in gold.
This classic pattern reminds me the baroque style and clothes used at Versailles when Marie Antoinette was the queen of France. I don't know if it true or not, but I liked to dedicate this slippers to this queen, whose story always fascinates me (watch Sofia Coppola's movie if you haven't yet).
I used an organic and made in Italy fabric in light blue (similar to grey) for the lining and a sheet of foam for the inner sole.


Pattern by sewingwithtime5, well written and rich of photos, as usual.
I like all the patterns you can find in this etsy shop :)
Making these slippers is not difficult. Well, sewing shoes can be hard for a beginner, I know. But I found this model easy to make, easier than other models I've tried in the past. I will make other pairs for sure soon!


More about these mocassins in my shop.

1 comment:

  1. Oh these turned out so beautiful in the fabrics you chose. Very feminine and queenly!

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...