Thursday 27 June 2013

My very first granny squares

I'm at home (my parents' home, in northern Italy) for 10 days (more or less) of holidays. I'm enjoying my family, the garden, a very fresh June (so odd for Italy!) and a lot of free time.
I'm also asking AuntFran to teach me new things.
She is a very talented knitter and crocheter and I want to learn from her as much as possible everytime I come back home.
Yesterday I started to make with her help some crocheted granny squares.
I know that there are a lot of tutorials almost everywhere (in the web or in books) to learn from, but I can't understand them very well, I need the help of an expert!
 
So this is my very first granny square, made of some cotton yarn Aunt Fran picked up for me:
 
 
Green + pink!
I took the photo in the garden, while I was crocheting the second one, with yarn (three different colors):
 
 
Cream + pink + avio blue : all the yarn balls are leftovers from sweaters we (mum, auntFran or me) have made in the past (do you remember this?).
 
I used to think that granny squares are difficult to make, but I found that they are very simple :)
I haven't a well-defined project for them, I only want to make some to use in the future. Maybe in a pillow for my craft room... I don't know.
 
I like their old-style look:
 

1 comment:

  1. Funny but in the brilliant and gorgeous colors you chose for your granny squares - they are anything but looking "old style"! I especially love the green and pink! One of my favorite color combinations!

    Can you believe with all the crochet I have done this year - I have yet to make a granny square!!!

    You have learned well!!! You MUST have learned from an expert!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...