Sunday 16 June 2013

Little shop update

I'm still sewing, although I'm recently writing only about cornstarch clay, jewelry making and gardening :)
I love working at my sewing machine with fabric, pins, scissors and thread!
 
Recently I had some free time to make something new for the shop, two little bags totally "MadameRenard style": it means recycled fabrics + small dimensions + crochet by AunFran!
 
The first one I want to show you is a little elegant bag made of recycled upholstery fabric in a special shade of green (between mint and sage) with cream details.
I used another sheet (with a different - floral- pattern) of this recycled cloth for another little bag last March.
 
 

Pattern: Alanis clutch by Ithinksew.com.
I've altered it a bit, as usual, adding a chain (yes, the chain I've used for this bracelet) and omitting the central flap.

I haven't used a chain in a bag before, and I'm very happy about how it gives a charming and modern touch to a very simple envelope bag.
Love it! I'm going to make other bags with chain strap soon!!!


Then I listed in my shop a romantic zippered pouch:


AuntFran crocheted it for me (love the pattern!) and sent it with mum last april. She used a very high quality cotton thread; I added the zipper and the lining (cream linen+cotton, a strong a rustic fabric):


AuntFran sent me other two pouches made of the same thread but with different designs. My will is to find soon two zippers with bronze details to add them, because I really like bronze coupled with the rustic look of the thread!
I would like something like these, but I can't find them in italian shops (but only in asian Etsy shops)!
Do you know european shops on Etsy that sell this kind of zippers? Leave a link in the comments, please!

I hope to have time to sew new things for the shop soon!
Expecially bags! Oh, how I love sewing and selling bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...