Thursday 2 August 2012

Dahlias!

Tiny sprouts of dahlias came in our house last May.
Mum gave them to me at the end of my last visit and I carried those tender things in a plastic yogurt pot during the air travel.
Then we transplanted them in a big pot and, noticing they weren't growing enough, in a corner of our (desert) garden.
And little dahlias grew and grew and now they are giving us beautiful flowers.


Aren't they amazing?

Another (totally unexpected) dahlia is now colouring a small pot of wild flowers we sowed this spring.
I admired it yesterday while sitting out of the kitchen in the late afternoon, enjoying fresh air (after another super hot day) with a good company: a new book and my Moleskine journal.


After the sunset S. came back home and we had dinner in the same place.
We eat outdoor every evening, looking to our plants and enjoying fresh air coming from the country.
A romantic place, isn't it?


All these little things make me love summer :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Great moleskine journal :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to join you on you little private outdoor dining room! I am so glad you are enjoying your "potted garden" and your romantic hideaway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...