I made this top, my second top ever!
I like it :)
It fits well on me and it's well sewn.
But I have to tell you the truth about it: my project was to sew a 'Sorbetto tank top', following the famous pattern by Colette (free download), and something went so wrong that I totally changed the design -__-
The cause of my misadventures is not in the pattern: it works great and is really well constructed. But I made some mistakes.
Firts mistake: I diligently measured myself to pick out my size, cut the pattern and basted it. And it was too big!!! Believe me: too big!
I don't know why. It's a mistery!
So I reduced its width with the help of another t-shirt I have.
Second mistake: I picked up the wrong fabric for it.
I used a light jersey (bought at the outdoor market for 2 €) with that lovely 70s print. But it was too light: the front pleat couldn't stay still in its place (even after pressing) and constantly moved in all possible directions. Poor me!!!
So I unstitched it and found a solution: two pleats only in the upper part of the top.
Uhm, not bad!
I like how the fabric gently swirls around my belly :)
After this step I realized I wasn't making a sorbetto top, but something else.
So I finished it my way: I added the sleeves (pattern here) and finished the neck line with a bias tape cut by me from the same fabric of the top.
And that's all.
Sometimes things don't go according to your plans, but the result is ok all the same. Lesson learned!